Monday, May 19, 2014

Colorful Dining Room Chairs


I recently painted my dining room chairs in all happy colors. I had been wanting to do this for a while but was a little hesitatant because I was afraid it would look a little crazy and discombobulated. But I have to say I am so glad I did it! It adds the perfect pop of color to my all white dining room. I guess there really is no such thing as too much color. 

Are you ready to see?

Tah dah! Isn't it so cheery? :)

All of  these chairs were painted white at one time and almost all of them came from different places. Two were ones we've had for your years and years, the other two came from the thrift store, and the last two my grandpa found on the side of the road and were an ugly forest green and black. You would never know that now! 

To keep this project cost efficient I just used the little sample paints of behr premium plus that you can get for around $2 at Home Depot. So this instant room makeover only cost me about $10 and took an evening to paint all the chairs.


Did you know it has been officially one year since I moved into my new home? Wow how time has flown. I'm still planning, fussing and DIYing all the rooms in my house to my liking.

21 comments:

  1. Your chairs look just PERFECT in your house ! The colours are gorgeous ! You were lucky to find 6 identical chairs in 3 different places...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love these chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I become so happy to look at your chairs!!
    Greetings from Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed with your chairs, they look great painted sweet candy colours. I would love to do a similar thing to my dining set but really HATE painting!!!! Your house looks gorgeous too, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chairs!
    I also like the cushions in your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chairs look amazing! They fit in so well ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done.....love your style!!!! Keep the inspiration coming. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Becky! Nice job on the chairs. I would never think to paint them different colors. Love the red and white curtains in the living room too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just painted a couple of chairs but the OH wasn't having mismatched colours so I played safe with white. I LOVE yours!! Especially the lime green ones.... I can't believe it's over a year since we moved and I have done very little.... I need a coffee table exactly like yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look fantastic.. I have thought of that many times for my Kitchen chairs.. but haven't done it either.. but in different hues of blues... really like this.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty indeed. Amazing to find all those chairs in different places and still they look all the same. What a great story. I see your Dala horses... Where from? And why? Swedish? You?
    Xxx
    Annette
    My Rose Valley

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look fab and I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're so pretty, what an inviting room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky! Lovely chairs! The pastel colour are perfect ! Your dining room look great.. soo relaxing! Have a nice week! :::Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I've wanted to do that with my chairs, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look gorgeous. I moved in February ... Fireplace out ... Stove in walls stripped and now standstill whilst we locate a plasterer! So frustrating! Your home looks stunning. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, they look great
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Becky, the chairs are adorable. I'm working on two myself at this time. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete