Monday, May 14, 2012

Vintage fabric flower pot

My current obsession is vintage sheets and we have quite the collection going. I saw this tutorial on how to make fabric covered pots and I new I had to make one out of my favorite vintage sheet pattern. I really love the way it turned out, but if I were to make it again I would paint the pot white first and then add the fabric. The terracotta shows through the fabric a little and muddles the colors. To add a little more color I painted the tray a matching pink (you can never have too much pink!) 




























The little pot of hydrangeas are currently sitting on the porch steps.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. And, thanks for the tip about painting the pot first. Thanks for linking up in the Vintage Sheet Blog Weekend Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! And there so many incredible looks one could go with....

    ReplyDelete